To start with let’s get the religieus aspect out of the way.
No god exists, there is no afterlife ( if ever some contradictio in terminis ever was more true). so i am a nihilist.Or rather a realist.
Any-road. I am of the conviction everyone has the right to decide his/her end of life fulfillment . Nobody should be forced to give a reason. Which is is why i wholeheartedly support the Dutch initiative to provide the elderly with a ‘death pill’.
Subscribed by a well balanced group of professionals this medication should be available to everyone.
Freedom from persecution and a small but important alteration of current laws suffices. Why i wonder there exists in the Netherlands the concept of
- the patient’s suffering is unbearable with no prospect of improvement
- the patient’s request for euthanasia must be voluntary and persist over time (the request cannot be granted when under the influence of others, psychological illness or drugs)
- the patient must be fully aware of his/her condition, prospects, and options
- there must be consultation with at least one other independent doctor who needs to confirm the conditions mentioned above
- the death must be carried out in a medically appropriate fashion by the doctor or patient, and the doctor must be present
- the patient is at least 12 years old (patients between 12 and 16 years of age require the consent of their parents)
It’s my life, i decide how or when i end it.
Nobody else has that right. I decide if i suffer. Not you, nor you. For some the suffering might be the idea of working past 50, for some it might be working at all.
Existence itself can be a burden just to wake up everyday thinking, crap again?
So holier than thou ethical persons. Please keep your fear of death to yourself and stop forcing your instinct to live to yourselves. Please let those who’d seen life and decided ‘mwah’ decide for their selves.
Who are you to decide for me? Are you some kind of god?
I can end life now if i choose so, anyone can. But is it not a huge burden on the EMT staff to be confronted with the often stinky corpse? I can’t call them to tell them I’ve had it.
Anymore i can stand some person has to clean up the mess after some time decomposing.
I live in France so my options are limited. Jump on the train track, drown myself, hang myself. Even typing this risks me being admitted to a mental hospital for life.
Imagine you suffer from life, you must be mad. And yes i took all medication in existence, yes i did the therapy tour.Yes i had many fulfilling relations. Didin’t work
Finally i’m alone. Free.