Here’s what you need to know.
- Dieselgate was about higher than allowed NOx emissions caused by car manufacturers rigging their engines to cheat emissions tests.
- EPA imagines NOx as a precursor to fine particulate matter (PM2.5).
- It is claimed that PM2.5 causes millions of deaths every year.
- Scare Pollution debunks the claim that PM2.5 kills anyone. So NOx kills no one.
- So there is nothing to the extra NOx emissions and this study except a lot of junk science.
It must be said that none nowhere ever managed to show a causal link between pm2.5 and health/longevity , at the very best one could show that in fact pm2.5 has no effect on health except when taken in extreme doses as in smoking (which counts for 20.000 times the pm2.5 per cigarette as compared to the outside air and even than it’s impossible to pinpoint if the smokers died from cancerous/toxic substances in that smoke rather than the particulate matter).
As of today nobody can show a death certificate which claims pm2.5 as cause of death but by setting the standards of air-pollution to the level of pm2.5 all air on the whole of earth can be deemed as being polluted as long as one keeps on setting the ‘safe’ level lower and lower.
So in fact in the western world there is no notable air-pollution if one just discounts the fairytale of particulate matter as a danger to public health.
It is however a perfect system to scare people to pay exorbitant prices for energy. The most ‘green’ countries have the highest consumer prices for energy which is great for the industry. Those benefit most since all subsidies for ‘green’ energy makes for a gorgeous business model. Money for free. No wonder many jump on the bandwagon